Friday, October 19, 2012

fab finds under four dollars and a friday letter

 
shirt ~ thrifted $1.49! floral pants ~ American Eagle {on sale here...even cheaper in stores - I got these for $11} shoes ~ thrifted necklace ~ thrifted bracelet ~ thrifted earrings ~ Forever 21 bag ~ bought in Korea

Here she blows...the steal-of-a-deal chambray shirt I found yesterday at the thrift store.
I must say, I'm pretty proud of the price of this outfit. I think everything, including jewelry, was less than $30.
My eventual goal is to find an entire outfit under $10 one day. It's going to be tricky, but it's gonna happen folks. Hear ye this...I'm going to blow your thrift-shopping minds!

In the meantime, it is now time for a Friday letter.
Dear Minnie: I can't believe how old you're getting. You are now playing with dolls and it kind of freaks me out to see you being all motherly and nurturing. You're 14 months old! You're turning into a little girl already but I'm trying to ignore it. I wish you'd be a baby forever.
Dear Robert: Let's do something fun this weekend, like sit down together some place other than the dinner table for 30 minutes. School has stolen you away from me and I'm becoming the jealous girlfriend. Thank goodness it's the weekend.
Dear butternut squash soup we had for dinner tonight: You were delish. You could probably have used a little more salt, but couldn't everything?
Dear Downton Abbey: I've just finished your second season on Hulu Plus and have been made aware that it's impossible to watch season three online. WHAT?!! I am an addict who is now going into severe withdrawals until PBS and Hulu get their acts together. (Maybe I will now spend Minnie's nap time doing something a little more productive...maybe).
Dear Creamies we just bought at Costco: You are calling my name. Don't worry, I'm coming.

Photobucket


15 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit! I love it when I can find cute cheapt stuff. Minnie is such an adorable name, how fun to watch her grow! :)

    And guuuurrrl, you need to post that recipe. BN squash soup sounds like a whole lot of nom nom goodness.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the chambray shirt...super jealous over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing that Downtown Abbey is really good, and I have yet to sit down and watch it. Maybe I'll do that while I paint the bathroom this weekend.

    Hope you get some much needed time with the hubs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay so I have a way to watch season 3 of downton. A new episode shows up every Monday. Let me know if you want in on the secret. Yes...I admit I couldn't wait till January to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love, love your outfit and hooray for the thrifty finds! i LOVE downton abbey & can hardly wait for january to get here to start the new season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen to being a Downton Abbey addict! :) I also got my Husband hooked on the show, it's our "little thing" now.

    It's so crazy to see littles show a bit of "big" in them, isn't it?! When the boy I Nanny for plays with tools, I see a glimpse of an older kid. Crazy!
    Eat Cake

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol! Love all the letters, and good job finding those awesome deals!! We=friends. :)

    Thanks for linking up with the Weekend Blog Walk! It's nice to "meet" you!

    Jillian
    Hi! It's Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your outfit! I can totally relate on shopping w/o a care then having to cut back. No fun! But it looks like you have a pretty awesome thrift store to pull from. Returning the follower love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is Robert in school for? I hope you're able to spend some time together!!

    Loving that shirt. GREAT find!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your outfit! This pants are super cute and I LOVE a good deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look lovely and what a great find that shirt is! I am amazed sometimes at what great stuff I find thrifting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those pants! I'm going to the mall tomorrow so I'm gonna stop in and see if they have them in the store!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those loafers. I am definitely a loafer fan! hey what is this blog hop that everyone is talking about??? I need in...

    run-style-run.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look great!! love your whole outfit! and fun friday letters too.
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    have a great week.

    ReplyDelete