My little bug is one year old! What the heck?! Did I seriously have her a year ago? I can hardly remember my life without Minnie in it and yet I can't believe it was a year ago that I first held her in my arms.
The older she gets the more fun she becomes. I love that she's starting to talk and to interact so much. She's my little best bud and I'm so excited to see how much she changes in the next year.
We didn't do much to celebrate her big day here in PA because we're planning to do some sort of party upon our return to Utah. We ended up going over to see my friend Shana's new baby on Min's birthday and sweet Shana and her family had made cupcakes and put together a little impromptu party in honor of Min. It was so sweet. We let Minnie go at a chocolate cupcake and she ended up getting it in her eyes, up her nose and all over her head. Those pictures are on Bob's phone and I still need to get them from him, but they're pretty funny.
Here is a little run down of Minnie at one year old:
- She's getting really good at mimicking everything we say. We're starting to have to watch what we say
- She is still the bomb at sleeping. I lay her down in her bed, close the door and voila
- Right before she goes to bed I'll often rub and pat her back while she lays her head on my shoulder. Recently she's started rubbing and patting my back in return. I'll take it!
- Points at everything. I'll teach her it's rude to point at people eventually, but for now, it's funny
- Says bye bye, hi, mama, dada, peeka boo, beep beep. I don't think she always knows what they mean, but she's getting there
- Knows where her eyes, nose and her "beep beep" (bellybutton) are
- Loves to run and be chased and almost dies of laughter while doing so
- Has four teeth and has four more that are almost in. Her top front teeth are spaced pretty far apart...looks like braces for Min in 2024. Let's pray her adult teeth are bigger and just fill in the gaps (not likely)
- Still has some serious dance moves. There was music on at the pool the other day and she had herself a regular water ballet going on in the baby pool. All the old ladies at the pool were beside themselves
- She is running and moving and climbing ALL DAY LONG. I've got our little place here in PA pretty well baby proofed, so as long as we're at home I don't have to worry too much and can just let her roam free
- She is chatting and jabbering constantly. When we're in the car she'll often just sit back and have a full blown conversation with herself. She even gets her hands going when she's really into it. A hand talker...just like her father
Here are a few more pictures from my phone (so they're pretty crummy) of Minnie in her element...being busy.
Her favorite pastime...climbing in the cupboards. I think this girl is destined to be a plumber.
Making friends. It would be impossible for her to look more bald or pale than she does in this picture.
Waking me up in the morning. This is the best way to be woken up, hands down.
Making her usual "bag" mess. This is a daily occurrence.
Being a mom is so much different than I thought it would be. I'm not even sure what I envisioned it being like before I had Minnie, but it is 100% more wonderful and 50% more tiring than I'd imagined. I realize more every day what a blessing it is to be a mom and I try not to take it lightly. Minnie is such a sweet, good-natured little bug and we are so blessed to be able to have our lives intertwined with hers. I love you Minnie loo! Here's to many more birthdays to come!