Friday, December 23, 2011

Minnie is 4 months!


Minnie turned 4-months-old 10 days ago. She had her doctor appointment December 14th and this baby is still a big, big girl. The doctor said people are going to think she's two months older than she really is. Here are the stats:

Weight: 16.32 lbs. (94th percentile)
Height: 26 inches (96th percentile)
Head circumference: 17.3 inches (98th percentile)

Minnie is starting to have a serious personality. She is generally very pleasant and has the greatest little gummy smile. She has started to laugh, but her laughs are more like gasps of air than serious giggles. I think she's going to have the Collard laugh. She hates tummy time and has not even come close to rolling over. She'll figure that out when she needs to. She is still a very good sleeper for the most part and will take 3-hour nap during the day after sleeping a full night. A mother's dream! She has recently discovered her feet (as seen below) and they make for a good toy if I don't have anything else on hand.

 

She does this funny little arm flapping thing when she gets excited that I love love love! She will also pat the table or whatever else that's in front of her, and it's usually with a straight arm, so it looks pretty funny. She's still taking a binky, which we are grateful for. That thing has gotten us through many a night and many a sacrament meeting. I think it's magic or something. If she's tired and whiney and you put it in her mouth, her eyes just automatically begin to close. I love it. She still loves her bath but hates getting out because it's cold. I'm excited to take her swimming next summer when it's warm.

She has now grown out of most of her 3-month clothes and for some reason it makes me sad. I can't believe there's already a bunch of her stuff that she's no longer able to fit in. I think it just makes me realize how quickly she's growing up, and overall, how quickly my time with her is going to pass. Soon enough she'll be out of the house and off to college and she won't be too excited about me kissing her chubby cheeks and trying to snuggle with her. I just want her to stay little forever. Almost every night before we go to bed I'll see her in her little bed and turn to Robert and tell him how much I love her. There is seriously nothing more powerful than the love I have for this little girl. She is part of me and part of Robert. I love that she is part of both of us. It's so incredible. I really couldn't be happier. Happy four motnhs Bubba! And merry almost Christmas to all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment