Tuesday, February 5, 2013

it's a date


Last weekend Bob and I went on a full-fledged, real life, in-the-flesh date.
Ok, ok, it was only dinner, but I wore lipstick and we held hands and we didn't have french fries and ketchup being tossed across the table by some cute little chubby fingers the entire time.
Don't get me wrong, I couldn't love those chubby fingers any more than I do, but sometimes it's just nice to be the two of us, to talk about real things in length without having to change a diaper or to sooth a tantrum.

Our little family has a lot to look forward to this year, first being Bob graduating and receiving his MBA and second, figuring out where our next step in life is going to be.
It was fun to talk at length about our future Friday night, both near and distant, and to imagine where our lives will take us.
I've had my heart set on moving out of Utah for a long, long time, but then Robert and I discuss all the pros of staying and both of us realize how nice it could be to stick around as well.
Oh, this being in limbo thing...I feel like it's my entire life.
I kind of love it and I kind of hate it.
But boy, it's nice to be able to share it with someone. To dream together. To plan and make decisions. To watch our dreams come true. Sometimes we fail, but we pick each other up again and keep on working and dreaming.

I couldn't imagine dreaming and planning and living in limbo with anyone else but Robert.
He's already made so many of my dreams come true.
I can't wait to see what the next year holds for us.

1 comment: