Monday, March 9, 2020

spring break 2019


We are STILL alive! And I miss writing about my family and and posting pictures of their sweet faces. I am just barely putting these clips from a YEAR ago together in a video and my kids have already watched it three times today. They love it so much, and it has me feeling like documenting our life here is going to have to be more of a priority for me, especially since I'm not great at documenting it elsewhere. So take this as my unofficial declaration that I am back and will be posting here more than once a year.

Last year for spring break, the Adseros decided on a whim to take a trip back to Utah. We were nothing short of elated, and quickly made some last minute family travel plans with them. Most of the Mecham side spent a few days down at a little ranch in Southern Utah, hiking and relaxing and...throwing up. Oy! Pretty much all of the kids took turns tossing, but we pressed on and managed to have a good bit of fun in spite of the mess.

After Southern Utah, the Adseros and our little family continued on down to Southern California where we stayed together in a beach house in Mission Beach. We were just about a block from the beach and it was so fun. My kids loved being with their cousins so much and the beach felt so good as we were coming out of a long, cold winter in Utah. We decided to surprise the kids with two days at Disneyland. They were delighted! Although it was fun surprising them, Charlotte and I both agreed sometimes the anticipation of and the thinking about the trip can almost be as fun as the trip itself. So it has been noted that we will likely not keep it a surprise next time because I think they would have been even more revved up had they known about it ahead of time.

After another round of barfs at the end of Disneyland we decided to just start heading home that night. Unfortunately, both our cars had multiple rounds of throw up and our night at Whiskey Pete's in Primm, Nevada, will forever go down as one of the most revolting nights of my life. The place was nasty to start (should have guessed it would be), and then three sick children messing the place up about did me in. I have never been so grateful to finally be home in my life after that night. Thankfully most of the sickness held out throughout the trip so we were able to really have fun on the most fun days. Unfortunately the sickness continued for both families for days, and perhaps weeks beyond the trip. It was a real doozy.

Anyhow, it was all worth it, gosh darn it. Look how happy these babies are in this video. Now I'm counting down the days until we can all do this again, sans tossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment