Sunday, July 24, 2011

alien belly

There is nothing more surreal than looking down at your belly and seeing it jump, twitch and then stretch out to the side as the baby moves around down there. It is almost alien-like.

*I must preface this video with one comment...you will hear the TV in the background, but I didn't have time to turn it off because I had to catch her moving. She's a little camera shy. And yes, I am watching MADE on MTV about a group of high school cheerleaders from Alabama. Do not judge. You'd like it too if you saw it.

Without further ado...the belly dance:



Soon enough she'll realize the way out is DOWN. Take your time in there, little lady. I like you inside of me and I'm not sure I'm ready for you to be here in my arms. I can sleep with you quite well in my belly. I've heard there are some sleepless nights ahead of me when you arrive, but that's alright. Just try to get here before August 15, ok? That's when Dad starts grad school and I'd really like to have him by my side when you arrive. I love you already!

2 comments:

  1. I always loved when that happened! It gets pretty crazy at the end since they are so big!! Seeing/feeling him move was definitely my favorite part of pregnancy, enjoy it these last few weeks! You will be an amazing mom, I am so excited and happy for you. Please let me know what I can do for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't it weird to watch this now and think... that is Minnie in there! MOVING. MINNIE!! Little sweet adventurous Minnie! The Minnie who walks and talks now. I don't know. Maybe it is just me because I've been watching my belly do the same thing and it's surreal to think that little alien is going to be like Minnie- walking talking and with his own little personality!

    ReplyDelete