Thursday, August 4, 2011

you're not coming out tomorrow, are you?

To my little one:

How are you in there? Comfy? It seems so...because I don't feel a bit different, but the doctor tells me you're supposed to arrive tomorrow. It's not going to happen, is it? That's ok. I kind of figured that was the case since you are still practically sitting on my chest. I think you were supposed to have dropped or something by now, but you're still riding high. Just come when you're ready...or at least before I'm induced next Friday, would you please?

I, myself, also took some time coming into the world. Nearly 4 weeks passed after my due date and my mom just let me freeload off of her that whole entire month! Bless her heart. I came out quite fat and happy. I hope you're the same. I hope you have rolls for miles. Take you're time. All in all I'm still pretty comfortable, I am just really anxious and excited to meet you in the flesh, but I'll wait until you're ready.

Motherhood still mystifies me a bit. In fact, I think it will for the rest of my life. I can't believe I'm your mom and I can't believe you're mine forever. I already love you more than I imagined I could love someone I've never met before. You have been a part of me for 9 months...well, probably even long before that, but to feel you grow and move inside of me has been one of the most magical experiences in the world. I hope I will be the kind of mother you deserve. I already love you unconditionally so no matter how you come, lanky or rolly, I'll love you forever and always.

Can't wait to meet you!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment