Monday, February 6, 2012

minner the swimmer

My sister-in-law Megan invited us to go swimming last weekend at the Northwest Recreation Center by their house, which has a huge indoor pool and fun slides and stuff for kids. Minnie loves baths so I was excited to see how she'd like swimming (and how cute she'd look in the swimsuit I bought her before she was born)...



Turns out she wasn't too mesmerized by it. I guess she just figured it was an extra large bath with water a little cooler than usual. We still had a lot of fun though. Here's a video of her first swim. As you can see, she's not quite sure why I'm so excited about the whole thing.


Here are just a few more pictures from the day...

 

My friend Marissa and her baby Gray, who is just two weeks older than Minnie, came along too. It was also his first swim. He wasn't sure at first, but by the end he was a splashing machine.


It looks like Minnie is bullying Gray here, doesn't it? Can you believe Minnie is 2 weeks YOUNGER than Gray? That's what happens when she's in the 90th percentile and he's in the 10th I guess.


Gray is excited as can be and Minnie couldn't care less.


Minnie and Dad.


I love this picture. These two are just now figuring out that the other is a human being. I love the way they grab eachother's ears and noses and try to figure each other out. Minnie's noggin looks monstrous, doesn't it? She's a Mecham alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment