Saturday, April 14, 2012

8 months!

 

Look how much this little beeb has changed in 8 months!

The first four months are quite a bit more drastic than the last four, given that she needed to get a little chub on those bones. And now, she's got plenty to spare!

And look who's getting a tooth. A real one this time. Please don't mind the boogery nose. Teething has made her nose run like crazy. In spite of that, she's been such a champ through the whole process. Her sleep schedule hasn't changed a bit, which we are loving.


I tried to get a picture of the emerging tooth for about half of the day and most of them ended up like this.



In her favorite position.


Here are a few fun facts about the Minster at this stage of her life:
  • She loves going to the grocery store and sitting in a grocery cart. She literally smiles at everyone at the store and loves when they smile back. She also wants to hold whatever I'm getting and gets really excited when I put it beside her so she can play with it.
  • If she sees a binki she automatically puts it in her mouth...even if it's in another baby's mouth. One day she is going to lose friends by doing this.
  • She's not much of a cuddler anymore. Even when you're standing, she always wants to get down. It kind of makes me sad.
  • She is a champ sleeper still. Everyone said when she hit six months that would probably change, but she's going strong *knock on wood*. You can just lay her in her bed and close the door, and even if she's not super tired she'll lay there until she falls asleep. Dream!
  • She likes to play with anything that's not a toy, such as my sunglasses, envelopes that make a lot of noise or my driver's license.
  • She can pick up little pieces of food, like cereal and bread, to eat.
  • She's become slightly clingy, but not so much that it's an issue. She still goes to other people just fine, but after a few minutes will lean over to try to get to me. I hope she continues to be a friendly little bug.
  • When she gets excited she waves her arms around and it looks as though she's trying to take off and fly. This is exhibited in the video below.
  • She is so close to crawling. She'll get up on her hands and knees, move forward once, and then let her legs slide back. Everyone says to be grateful she's not moving too much yet, so I'm not pushing her to do anything. She does, however, roll around like a champ, and can get all the way across the room by doing so. 
  • She loves watching the chorister at church and flaps her arms around like a bird and screeches when she watches them.
  • Minnie can stand for about 30 seconds at a time. Take a look at the video below for some footage of this amazing feat.



2 comments:

  1. She is seriously SO BEAUTIFUL! Next time I see her, I want to play more. I feel like I missed out because she was napping. I can't get over how adorable she is. *love* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boogers were classic. I used to judge moms that had kids with snotty noses. Now I am that mom. Too hard to stay on top of it. I wish they could sniff it up at least some of the time!! She's getting so old! Where has the time gone?

    ReplyDelete