Thursday, April 12, 2012

reconnecting and celebrating

One of my favorite things in the world is reconnecting with an old friend after months (or in this case years) of being apart and feeling like it has only been a week or two since you've seen each other.

Tracy left to teach in Morocco just after Robert and I were married. She returned in December but somehow it has taken us nearly 4 months to reunite. Over the year and a half since we've seen each other I now have an 8-month-old. Kind of unbelievable. I wasn't even pregnant the last time she and I were together.

We met for lunch at Greek Souvlaki, and as you can tell, Minnie was very interested to meet "Auntie Tracy."


Tracy is one of those people who makes you want to be a better person just by being in her presence. To me, she is the essence of someone who lives passionately and sincerely loves her life. I love her and am so grateful to have her in my life again.

Yesterday we were also able to meet up with my "fabulous foursome" (Sara, Abi, Shelly and myself) to celebrate Sara's birthday. The four of us only lived together for one semester at Utah State, but oh, it was a magical one. It has been so fun to all be in Salt Lake together and to be able to get together so often.

Sara is another one of those people who makes you want to be a better person by being in her presence. She is one of the most selfless people I know. I really am so blessed to have such incredible people in my life.



We enjoyed dinner at Mazza with our husbands. Minnie really loved the paper on the tables, as you can see. We then came back to our house for a rousing and far too long game of Life. But you can't quit that game halfway through, right? By the end I did pretty well with $1,735,000 in my pile. If only that paper money were real.

No comments:

Post a Comment