I have been terrible at posting Minnie's month-to-month posts. In any case...Minnie loo bug is now 9 (and a half) months old!
She has changed so much this past month and has become so independent and mobile, which has unfortunately included finding every tiny piece of lint and hair on the floor, couch and everywhere in between and putting it directly into her mouth. This little activity has made her mama and papa much less independent (as we have to watch her every move) but we've also become pretty avid mouth fishers. I'm not sure that's something to strive for, but we're pretty proud of it. Thank the heavens above she still takes a binki. Pop that thing in and you've got yourself an automatic nasty-things-on-the-ground-in-the-mouth-repellant. Hi-ya!
The girl does not like to sit still. In fact, I was pretty sure she was going to topple right off this chair while I was trying to take this picture.
The doctor forgot to give us all of her stats at her 9-month appointment, but we know that she was 22 lbs., which is above the 90th percentile, her head is nearly in the 100th percentile and she's somewhere in the 90th percentile for weight. She's a bubba alright.
Here are a few of her latest and greatest feats and tricks:
- Minnie is officially a crawler! She started attempting a little before 9 months and is now too fast, too furious.
- She can scale furniture like James Bond.
- She can clap, shake her head no and cover her eyes and play peek-a-boo.
- She will dance when she hears music and can actually shake her little body to the beat most of the time.
- She is OBSESSED with laptops. She could take or leave TV, but there is something about laptops that just really does it for her. I'm not even sure why because we rarely let her see anything on it. Maybe it's Skype? We can't be on our computer around her or else she'll throw a huge fit if she can't play with it.
- She loves tiny little things, like bolts or buttons, and will sit and poke at one for 10 or 20 minutes at a time. It's kind of weird.
- She LOVES to swim. Hooray for a summer pool pass!
- Apparently she tans very well because she already has a farmer's tan and has bronzed up past her dad. Don't worry, I do put sunscreen on her, but somehow still gets sun.
- She took her FIRST STEPS yesterday! Maybe I should be including this in the 10-month post, but whatever. She only took three, but that counts, right? I'm not trying to push her too fast, because the faster she can get around, the more independence I lose. I'm fine with crawling for now. In fact, I kind of miss sitting in one place. Could we go back to that?