Tuesday, May 1, 2012

a girls weekend


This past weekend my girlfriends from college and I went on a little getaway to Park City. We were only roommates for one semester because one left for Ukraine and the other got married the second semester, but it seems that in just those few months we made a connection that continues to last. We are all so different, but somehow we seem to gel perfectly when we're together. Since that semester we've made a point of doing a little getaway whenever one of us gets married or a big life event takes place. Sara just graduated with her masters degree and is preparing to move to Idaho for a job. Bob and I will also be leaving in a week to Pennsylvania for the summer as he's gotten an internship with Hershey, so we decided to have one last harrah before we were gone.

The four of us drove up to Park City Friday afternoon and went shopping. Abi was quite the wheeler and dealer. She wasn't afraid to ask the sales associates for major discounts, including a friends and family discount from a guy at Gap. And guess what? She got them! She saved herself about $100. I don't think I'd ever have the nerve to do it, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask, eh? Nobody really wanted to go to Old Navy so I decided to trek over there myself. Guess who got 2 pairs of jeans, 5 shirts, a maxi skirt and a sweatshirt for Robert, all for $23? This girl! Needless to say, they were a little disappointed they hadn't followed my lead. Next time ladies, next time.

We stayed at the Marriott Mountainside Resort and ate dinner on Main Street in downtown Park City.


Abi is actually from Park City, so after dinner we went to Cow's, an ice cream shop, where she used to work. She asked the girl working there if she could scoop our ice cream for old times sake and the girl said sure. About 5 minutes later the manager came out and told her she had to stop. Oh Abi, always pushing her luck. That girl marches to the beat of her own drum. That's why I like her so much.


 Later we went for a dip in the hot tub and tried to avoid the two, older hairy men wearing gold chains who were scooting their way over to us. We played games in the hotel room and ended up talking until the wee hours of the morning. It was so much fun being able to spend time with them like this, however I really missed Robert and Min. Bob was quite the champ and took her for the night. He actually had a lot going on so Charlotte, Megan and Vicky all stepped in and helped too. Thanks to all of you! I think it's good for a mom to get away now and again and I'm lucky to have people in my life who give me the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment