I do not now, nor have I ever professed to be a great cook, but when I find a recipe that is easy and delicious I feel this ridiculous obligation to share it.
So, what you have here folks is our dinner last night.
easiest. dinner. ever.
Initially I got the idea from a recipe online, but I made lots of my own little tweaks and came up with this gem.
It is probably far from the authentic way to make curry, but I had all the ingredients in my house and whipped it up in about 30 minutes and it was delish. Recipe from heaven.
Minnie couldn't get enough. She kept saying "Mo. Mo. Mo" (aka more) with her mouth chalk full of rice.
* 3 large boneless chicken breasts, cubed and seasoned with a little salt and pepper
* 1 onion, sliced
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
* 1/2 cup skim or 1% milk
* 1 teaspoon turmeric
* 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
* 1/4 cup raisins (or more if you're a fan)
* Chopped cilantro for garnish