Monday, June 10, 2013

last friday night


Do you know what I love about summer nights in Utah?
When the sun starts to set it's the perfect temperature, even after a blazing hot day.
You know what else I love?
It feels like the sun will never set. 9 PM easily starts feeling like 7 PM and you can stay outside all night in bare feet, soaking up the last bits of summer light.

On Friday we were lucky enough to hang out with some of our favorite people...my brother Nick and his wife Megan.
We were also joined by three teenage boys, who Minnie was absolutely fascinated by.
Nick and Megan's nephew, Mac, and his two buds made for a really rousing evening with races in the parking lot of the Mexican restaurant where we'd eaten, lots of skateboarding, flips and front handsprings on the lawn and a little boxing match.
Minnie got in on the skateboarding and also decided it was the perfect night to race everyone and anyone.
She'd crouch down with her hands on the ground, look up at you and say..."Ready, set, go!"

I apologize, but I think I'm going to rave about summer all summer long.
So sue me!
I think it's because we had such an awful winter and spring in Utah and now I'm feeling like new life is rushing into me with all this sunshine.
I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry.
Summer posts coming your way from now until September folks!

2 comments:

  1. Rave away! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Summer..so glad I have a summer baby:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer still hasn't hit here, but we'll have our share of summer when we hit Houston. No summer is quite like Utah summer. The boys LOVE to race. They could do it all day. Love you! One month and counting!

    ReplyDelete