Thursday, March 8, 2018

a lot of catching up to do

I looked at my blog the other day and realized the last time I posted anything (besides the recent Europe post) was July of last year!!! I started scrolling back through older posts and was reminded how much I love this blog of our family. There are so many memories captured here that otherwise drift off into neverland. So, here is my feeble attempt at trying to catch up on the last nine months in our family's life.


A fun little birthday celebration for Lou up at Pineview Reservoir with cousins! This was actually the day I got a positive pregnancy test and I was just feeling a million feelings. So happy to be with all these people I love, thinking about the new little bean inside me, and so grateful to be celebrating my sweet Lou and her four years earth-side.


Later that night we celebrated in our yard with ice cream sundaes and our sweet family.


A little day trip to Logan with the Adsero cousins before they headed back home for the summer. Seeing these cute pictures of all of these kids together has me so excited for this summer!




A quick escape to Robert's sister Liz's cabin in Idaho. It's situated right on a little lake and we had the best time.


I can't believe how much Will has changed! He's such a baby here and now he's almost two. I feel like he has definitely gotten the short end of the stick as far as babyhood documentation goes. #thirdchild



A little jaunt up Albion Basin with Grandma Mecham before she headed back to school for the school year. I'd had a lot of morning sickness and hadn't ventured out much and it was so nice to be out together. Grandma is always up for an adventure and I love her for that!


Celebrating Minnie's birthday with her friends Evie and Mie at Kangaroo Zoo. 


The last Collard cabin trip of the summer with Mikey and Nikki and their cute kids!


First day of Lou's second year of preschool!


Minnie's first day of first grade!


This is a little gruesome, but this picture above and the picture below were taken about 30 minutes apart. It was an insanely warm late fall day and the girls were playing outside (hence the static hair from the trampoline). Robert had stacked the patio chairs for the winter and Lou decided to climb them, not realizing how unsteady they were, and tipped straight forward onto the cement, breaking her front tooth and busting up her lip. Luckily the tooth didn't fall out but it was definitely loose. Although it's shorter than her other front tooth, it's no longer loose and didn't turn gray. Thank heavens it's a baby tooth!



About four months pregnant with baby #4.


Sweet Will with his blondie blonde hair. So nutty how much darker it has gotten since summer!


Cooler weather and puddle jumping.


A field trip to the fire station with Lou's preschool. She says she's going to marry Santana, who is the cute boy with the curly hair in the Spiderman sweatshirt. It kills me how boy crazy she and Minnie are.


Adventuring at a trail up the street from us.


The girls were playing with William on the rocker in his room in October and he stood up, fell off and just landed on his arm in such a way that he completely broke his elbow. The minute I heard him cry I knew something was seriously wrong. He wouldn't even let us touch it. It was broken in such a way that he had to have surgery, which I totally dreaded. He had it done at Primary Children's Hospital, and you better believe I was a wreck, but he did really great and did so well with only one arm for six weeks. Baths were annoying and we totally drained our HSA for this, but I'm so grateful all went well and this little guy is now back to 100%.



Halloween! We didn't do a family costume this year. I just felt so sick with this baby that I didn't have it in me. Maybe next year?


Minnie was Elena of Avalor, Lou decided to be Cinderella and we already had a dress up for that (high five!), and Will used the old hand-me-down skunk costume. I put my own costume together to coordinate with him, and I think we were all pretty happy. Robert was a creepy postman with his dad's old postmaster outfit, which he busts out frequently when he needs something last minute. He paints on a creepy mustache, puts a pillow in his belly and calls it good.


We found out our baby was a GIRL on November 1st! The girls were a little disappointed because they wanted a friend for Will, but they've come around to the idea. Robert and I had been trying to come up with names from his mom's side of the family this time, and when we found out the person we were thinking about naming our baby after was actually buried just two minutes from our home, I had to go see her grave. She was the first to come to the US from England as well as the first to join the church on that side of the family, and the minute I stood over her grave and looked down and saw my belly, I had a really strong feeling that this should be the name of our baby. It was pretty sweet.


My dad tripped and fell running and ended up tearing his rotator cuff and having to have surgery. Here are our two little gimps together just a bit before Will got his cast off and his pins out. Will calls my dad "Bonka" and loves to vacuum with him so much. I'm hoping he got my dad's cleaning obsession.


Elyse's sweet Eleanor Rex was born right after Thanksgiving. I love seeing her as a mom.


Our annual friend Christmas party did not disappoint! Shelly is the best hostess.


A magical, snowy Christmas Eve!


New Christmas jams, getting ready to head home before Santa comes!


We spent NYE up at the Arrington's cabin while my parents were visiting the Adseros in Abu Dhabi. No one slept very well, but we had a really great time partying together.


Minnie lost her top two and her bottom two front teeth within about a month! The Tooth Fairy has been very busy!


Minnie was begging to go up and ski, but since I'm pregnant and Robert doesn't know how to ski, she had to settle for the magic carpet at Park City. We had Lou give it a shot too, and although she wasn't the biggest fan, I was really proud of her for trying. She did better than I thought she would.


We had such a mild winter but the last couple weeks we have had some really big storms! William is obsessed with shoveling and must be outside with Robert whenever he's out there clearing the driveway. It's pretty cute seeing them work together.


Will is our little sunshine boy. He is so sweet and fun, really aware of other's feelings and honestly as snuggly as can be. It's funny because I was reading back at an old blog post when he was a few months old and I was saying how unsnuggly he was. It's funny how much things can change. He has been such a mama's boy and just loves to be close. I have loved it so much! He has recently become obsessed with his binky and his blanket. We should have taken that binky away months ago, but I keep telling myself that we will do it shortly after this baby comes. I'm praying it's not ridiculously hard.


And here I am last week, at about 37 weeks pregnant in front of my very dirty mirror. It's always unreal to me how big my belly gets. I think this has been my most uncomfortable pregnancy yet and although I'm anxious for surgery and a newborn and all that entails (which all goes down in ONE WEEK!), I'm so excited for all of us to meet this little girl and then to be on the road to recovery. It's wild to me to think this may be our last baby. Robert always says never say never, but at this point four is sounding pretty good. Maybe my tune will change in a year, though.









No comments:

Post a Comment