Tuesday, October 25, 2011

oh, that double chin

Minnie and I went to the doctor last week for her two-month visit. Her double chin had appeared overnight so I was not too worried about her being underweight or anything. I was right...I had no reason to worry. Here are her stats:

  • Weight: 13.07 lbs (92nd percentile)
  • Height: 23.75 in.  (89th percentile)
  • Head circumference: 16.1 cm (91st percentile)
Needless to say, I was proud. It's always reassuring to know that your baby is growing well. Minnie has nearly doubled her weight in one month...hence, the double chin.

We are going  to visit the Adsero family in Calgary, Canada for Thanksgiving so Minnie had to get a passport. Her double chin made a fine debut in this little beauty, don't you think?


And check out that slobber on her shirt. Pretty classy, eh? Believe it or not, this was the best picture of three that were taken. (I'm not sure what the gunk on the photo is on the right of her head...I promise she wasn't rolling in dirt before we took this. Well, she can't even roll yet, so I guess that's not even technically possible).Unfortunately I dressed her in a brown shirt and jeans, so everyone at the post office thought she was a boy. The shirt actually had a little flower at the top that made it a little more feminine, but that dang double chin covered it right up. I am learning very quickly that if your baby girl is bald you must put some type of bow on her head or dress her in straight pink or else people will inevitably guess she is a boy.

I had to get a new one myself because my last name has changed. Passports ain't cheap my friends, but luckily they last 10 years. The guy at the post office told me that because of the new face recognition software the government uses that I was not allowed to smile showing my teeth. For this reason, my passport picture didn't turn out a whole lot better than Minnie's. I didn't want to NOT smile, but I HATE closed-mouth smiles. Oh well. See for yourself:


In closing, here are two pictures that pretty much sum up Minnie's life these days:

Lots of sleeping (hooray!)



And a decent amount of crying...mostly just because she's hungry. Hence, that beautiful double chin I love so much!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man!!! That dubby!!! I thought Bennett's was bad at that age, but she might take the cake. I am so happy you guys are coming. Lastly, had you not commented on the gunk on the photo, I would have just assumed it was on my computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, she is to DIE for!! I am obsessed with her chubbs...too stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete