Wednesday, May 1, 2013

when a friend moves away


Have I complained enough about the fact that my friend, Marissa, is moving away for the summer?
Well, I'm going to one more time.
She and her little family moved out of their apartment down the street yesterday.
I tried not to cry when I thought about it.

Our husbands were kind enough to watch our babes for us while we went out for breakfast yesterday morning.
A breakfast sans children was unbelievable.
We could actually complete an entire conversation...or have a conversation at all.
Boy do we love our babes, but honestly, it was glorious.

We went to the Avenues Bistro on Third, which is a new little place in our neighborhood.
It's so quaint and fun.
The owner lives just a house or two away and they're in the process of creating this giant garden to grow all of their own produce and herbs.
It's quite the project, and may also include the addition of chickens for eggs and a goat for cheese.
There's also a little bar in the basement. A really little bar. Like maximum capacity is 12.
Our cute waitress showed us around and told us they thought it could have been a speakeasy way back in the day.
No proof though.
If you're in the neighborhood, you should probably check this place out.

So I promise this is the last time I'll complain about Marissa's departure, because lucky for us her husband found a teaching job here in SLC next fall so we will get them back.
That doesn't mean I'm not going to miss her the entire summer.
She's just my go-to girl.
I'm already counting down the days until her return.

1 comment:

  1. It's so sad when friends move away! And a breakfast with out kiddos does sound amazing! Want to get together Wednesday? :)

    ReplyDelete