Tuesday, August 27, 2013

life lately


Gosh, I have been terrible at documenting our life lately.
The same thing happened when I first had Minnie and I kicked myself then and I'm kicking myself now.
You'd think I'd learn.
Those first few weeks are so sweet and I hate not having them properly documented.

So, we have two girls.
I still have to pinch myself when I say that.
Two kids? I mean, I guess I always envisioned myself having a lot of children, but for some reason it's hard to believe I have multiple children already.
I just feel so young to have my life as far into what I imagined it would eventually be.
It's awfully humbling.

I think one of my favorite parts about all of this is seeing Minnie with Lou Lou.
Initially she kind of just ignored her, but as time has gone on she's become really, really sweet with her.
She will talk to her, rub her head, give her kisses, show her how she dances and cover her little toes when they pop out from under her blanket.
Those are the moments I live for and they are the moments that remind me why I always wanted a relatively large family.
Sibling relationships are some of the most meaningful relationships in this life.

Another one of my favorite parts about this expanding family of ours is seeing Robert with our girls.
Minnie loves her dad.
She loves to wrestle with him, snuggle with him, run and jump with him, ride on his back, and get swung around the living room in circles by him.
I don't doubt Louisa is going to love it too.
He loves his girls and is so willing to watch them, rock them, change them, feed them.
I've said it a thousand times and I'm going to say it again...he is my dream boy.
The three of us are pretty darn lucky to have him.

And so here's to nearly six weeks down as a family of four.
Newborns require a lot of work and I am tired all of the time, but I keep reminding myself that it just gets easier and more and more fun and that if I want four or more children, they don't come all at once and I can pace myself.
So here's to pacing myself and being patient and relishing those sweet moments like those pictured above.
It's moments like those that get me through the late night feedings and early morning wake up calls.
It is all worth it.

2 comments:

  1. love love love love.
    you have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexa! I have been following your blog closely these days to see more updates of your cute house. I love what you've done so far and can't wait to see more. You have such great style. I'm so excited for you guys!

      Delete